Over the festive holidays, I talked with a young salesperson selling hardware out of a super DIY store. His job is to be on the road most days, visiting building sites and converting builders, plumbers and such like into customers.
As we got talking, I asked him, “What is your biggest frustration with your job right now.”
Well, he said, “Writing up the orders” I laughed for a bit, but he didn’t. He was genuine, which was the most frustrating part of his job.
The truth is that productivity is very critical to your success. I explained that if he could not do it himself or found it hard, he better find someone who could help him.
Share the load
Productivity is so critical to your success. I wanted to make sure he saw this. I explained to him as far as I’m concerned, you MUST be doing this to increase your productivity, no matter how small or large your business is.
What is it?
Get someone else to do it… Outsource it.
I knew a top biller on a TV network that outsourced everything except his one-to-one, face-to-face appointments.
Here are 3 tips to get you thinking about how to share the load and focus on what you’re good at.
- Spend more time on what you love about your sales job – Many salespeople do not like to do the paperwork. Get someone to do it for you. It’s that simple. Doing up contracts and such like can be taught to someone.
- Stop wasting time on time-consuming tasks – Very similar to #1. If you dread doing something in your work, then that’s a signal to delegate it. I learnt that a little while ago, and it is so true if you’re about to do something you do not want to do, guess what happens? You procrastinate. So, therefore delegate it.
- Have more free time to spend with your friends and family – We all want time with our friends and family, don’t we? Outsourcing the tasks that free up spare time potentially allows you to be happy and organised. Do you want that?
As the year unfolds and you think about your workload, maybe also think about what you dread everyday and delegate.
Whatever career you choose, getting help is always good.
Everyone wants to make more sales in their business – want to know how to do it?Invest in yourself and enrol in the Sales Mindset Blueprint course; to ensure you’re setting yourself up for selling success.Sceptical? Find out more and see what people say about the course here –– https://www.thesalesmindsetblueprint.com/course.
PLUS: WHENEVER YOU’RE READY…
Here are 3 ways I can help you make more sales in your business – whether your business is big or small.
1. Try the new 7 Days to Sales Success Framework.
Make more sales in 7 days. The framework of everything you need to start making more sales in your business. The Sales Success Framework is based on a simple 7-day challenge. Click here to find out how you can grow your business by increasing sales.
2. Join our Private Facebook Group – The Salesmindset Inner Circle. Get all the latest up-to-date sales ideas.
Every week we do Facebook Live updates on all things sales. Tips, ideas, free coaching, and much more. Join me by clicking here.
3. Work with me One-on-One.
If you’re a small or large business owner or in professional services, you might have a few strategies, tactics and tools away from doubling your lead flow, revenue and impact. Jump on a FREE 15-minute Brainstorm call with me by clicking here.